It's Umi's birthday so since I can't draw, edit pictures, and sing, I'm just going to talk about all the things that I love about Umi goddess Sonoda Umi!
(Get it? Because Umi means sea/ocean and her name is Umi so it's like I'm calling her a sea goddess and...and, uh...yea you get it. Moving on!)
1) So Umi used to be my favorite girl when I thought Muse was only going to be three girls, so she holds a special place in my heart. I just like how she was different from the super optimistic but not thinking ahead Honoka and the super nice but kind of an airhead Kotori. It's true that Hanayo took Umi's number one spot, but damnit Umi is still wonderful to me!
2) You think that Umi, who grew up to be a Yamato Nadeshiko, would be calm, cool, and collected. You can't ruffle her feathers. Umi's five steps ahead of everyone! But my god, she's actually a ball of nerves that will break at the touch of a feather. Dare I say, she's a bit of a dork. And I love her for that! That makes her a bit more relatable that Honoka and Kotori to me. (This was in the first couple of episodes, when Muse was still three girls)
3) Something about her doing archery and having her hair tied up makes her look majestic and professional as quack. Also, I want more tied up hair Umi. Looks at KLab expectedly If you guys aren't going to give me my rice daughter, ya'll could at least give me another tied up hair Umi.
4) Yea, I'm just going to put this here. We all know these are the best parts of Umi.
5) Can't read my, can't read my, no you can't read on my Poker Face-!
Uh, yea we can.
6) That one time she acted like Rin. I didn't watch the episode at the beginning so when I saw Umi acting like Rin, I thought she finally snapped.
7) During season two, when Umi slapped Honoka. Not because she slapped Honoka(because by then Honkers have shot up in my fav list), but because of the timing. During that whole Kotori leaving for fashion school thing and all that, I was thinking 'Uh, Honoka, I love ya but you're kind of being a bad friend'. And then Umi slapped her and said "Bitch, you're a bad friend!" And I said, "Oh, well,"
8) Yuuki no Reason is fun, but GOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD DAMN I LOVE WATASHITACHI WA MIRAI NO HANA!!!! It's like, traditional Japanese music but it's mostly rock and roll and it's so much fun playing it on SIF!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!
9) I can't help but feel like Umi gets the best group/duet songs. I mean, think about it. soldier game, lily white, Anemone heart, Susume→Tomorrow, Storm in Lover. I can't be the only one that thinks this.
9 1/2) Just realized that Umi never got a duet with Honoka. I am now slightly triggered.
10) SOOOO MANY BEAUTIFUL CARDS!!! Do I even have to list some!? Cause I'll do it! I'll do it! I'm doing it.
11) Umi kisses!! Lots and lots have Umi kisses! In almost all her dances, she blows kisses and I catch alllllll of them! They are now mine.
12) Is part of the Legendary SR club. I also scouted in Umi's B-day box and I now have it. Combat me if you want to. And by that I mean please don't combat me. You guys have so many URs, I'm scared.
Umi, you are an amazing ball of nerves and I love love love looooooove you a lot!!